A great recipe for White Restaurant Style Cheese Dip is hard to find.
Friends and fellow white cheese dip connoisseurs, I have scoured the earth for the best recipe for white restaurant style cheese dip/queso. And I found it!
This recipe has become a weekly staple at my home. It pairs well with tortilla chips, tacos, and even ham and cheese sandwiches. The options are truly endless!
As I tried different recipes, cheeses, and combinations I saw cheese dips that were too chunky, not spicy enough, and too watery.
I realized that white american cheese is perfect for restaurant style cheese dip. It melts well and does not get chunky over time. The cream cheese pairs well to build a nice consistency. I used milk to thin out the cheese even more to get a thinner cheese dip. The green chiles also help thin out the dip and add a mild spicy flavor. To add more spice, I used jalapeños and ground cumin.
Read below to see the full recipe ingredients and instructions!
White Restaurant Style Cheese Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 12 ounces white american cheese / 1 pack of sliced white american cheese
- 6 ounce can of green chiles
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of diced jalapeño peppers (optional if you want your cheese dip to be spicy)
- Ground cumin to taste
- Heat a small pot to medium.
- In the pot, combine cream cheese, white american cheese, and green chiles. Stir until creamy.
- Slowly add milk. Stir until well combined and creamy.
- Add more milk for a thinner cheese dip as needed.
- Add diced jalapeño peppers and ground cumin. Stir until combined.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Please try out the recipe and let me know what you think! You can see more of my recipes during #RecipeTime on the Simple & Sentimental Instagram Stories every Sunday.
You can read more blog posts from me on our Simple & Sentimental Blog!